So in the comments on yesterday’s uber-whiner post, Cagey said she hated posts like that (and so did Michelle, for the record), where I beat myself up (but I’m such an easy target!). So in an effort to balance everything out nicely, I thought I’d do a post wherein I detail everything that is Totally Awesome about yours truly. Because while I still believe that in some, way, shape or form that I am a la-hoo-ser, I do recognize that I have some good traits. Somewhere. Maybe there in the corner under that layer. Ahem. Here goes!
- I have some really cute kids. As evidenced by the MONDO picture we picked up yesterday from Sears. Seriously, ya’ll, it’s adorable. And you should check out my full review of Sears Portrait Studio while you’re at it.
- I have a fondness for writing that makes up for it’s lack of talent with an excess of enthusiasm. I may never be a literary genius, but maybe someday I’ll get published. That’d be awesome.
- I love animals. I always have. When I was little, before the days of Animal Planet, I used to love to watch those wild animal safari type shows on PBS. I’ve always loved having pets too. For a long time, I was a big cat person, but thanks to Tiger, we’re taking a bit of a cat-break right now. We have our hands full with the dogs now anyhow.
- I like to think that I have a decent sense of humor. This might not be the funniest blog out there and I’m in no way implying that it is. But I do know funny when I hear (or see) it. My dad used to always say I had such a great sense of humor. I love to laugh. I love to surround myself with funny people.
- I love Christmas. There, I said it. I know it’s sorta fashionalble anymore to be something of a Scrooge, but I can’t help it. Tis the Season to be Jolly. I don’t love the stress associated with the holidays but I absolutely ADORE the wonder. And I love sharing that wonder with my kids.
- In a related vein, I love cold weather. I love snow and rain and clouds. I don’t love wind (but then, after living in Nevada you realize it doesn’t need to be cold to be windy). I can’t wait until this mild weather is gone and we get some real good snow storms.
- I’m loyal. I’m not the sort to ditch out on someone when a “better offer” comes along. Once I’m a friend with someone, it takes quiet a bit to shake that. I give my friends the benefit of the doubt in iffy situations. This has, in the recent past, led to me getting walked over, but I think it’s an important trait to have. Because if you can’t count on your friends to back you up in times of need, then who can you count on?
- I have awesome taste in music and movies. If I do say so myself. And I do. Cuz this is my blog. And I’m not talking about artsy-fartsy, alternative taste. Yes, there are some awesome indy movies out there and some fabulous unknown musicians out there. But I tend towards the mainstream and I love popular movies and music. It’s the great equalizer. And look at it this way, I’ll never make you feel bad for loving “Armageddon” (cuz I do too) (but I will hold “The Fast and the Furious” against you because that movie and all it’s spawn are CRAP).
There you go. Some of the things that make me awesome. Don’t you want to be my friend now?