It was quite a year. There were ups and downs. Today? I’m going to cover the downs. Because I’d like to finish on a high note. I’ll either do the “ups” tomorrow or tonight or whatever. I’m still on vacation. Time is relative.
- The economy. Ooooooohhhhhhh boy. Yeah. It sucks. It is The Bad. I don’t like to expect that we’re all going to spiral down into the abyss so… I try to focus on the positive. But yeah, it doesn’t look good. The economy definitely took a dump this year.
- The many depressing celebrity deaths. There were many. And they were hard to bear. Some harder than others. I mean, no more Heath Ledger! Bernie Mac! George Carlin! This is very sad. Shoot, even Eartha Kitt died this year. Who’s next? (Don’t answer that. I don’t want to know.)
- My health. Oy. This is pretty much all my fault, I know. But the fact of the matter is my health, like the economy, took a dump this year. I’d really like to turn that around in 2009. I’d like to feel better, physically and mentally. I’m not sure I could feel a whole lot worse (you know, without something catastrophic happening).
- Weather. Yeah, I’m not terribly happy with the weather we’ve had this year. Maybe this has to do with global warming or something. Less rain, less snow. Sure, the summer was fairly mild but mild temperatures aren’t exactly a good thing. We need moisture, ya’ll. It’s sorta important.
- All those stupid earthquakes we had last spring. What was up with THAT?? Talk about nerve wracking. Let’s hope we don’t see a repeat of that in 2009, mmkay?
- The Van Registration Fiasco of 2008. Cuz that whole thing has sucked rather hardcore, I gotta say. Another moment from 2008 that I’d rather not see replayed in 2009.
- All the crap that went wrong with our house this year. Our back fence, the busted windows… shoot even the balast that went out of our flourescent overhead light in the kitchen. What the heck, yo?
- Bad TV. BAAAAD TV!! There was a lot of bad television shows this year. That stupid show “Momma’s Boys” or whatever it’s called takes the cake. That is the worst of the worst. And there was a lot of “worst”, believe you me. Even shows that used to be awesome sucked this year. Like “Heroes”.
- Anything related to “High School Musical” or Hannah Montana. HATE HATE HATE. I’m so tired of seeing this licensed crap all over the stores and the television and everywhere else.
- Basically any news story or current event that made my eyes roll back into my head. There were a lot of them. Far too many to mention here. Rest assured, if it was someone victimizing children or being a stupid ass, then it made My List.
There’s my list. But you know what? “Worst” lists aren’t any fun to put together. Nope. I’m far more looking forward to the “Best” list that I’ve been cooking for the last couple of weeks. There was an awful lot of awesome in 2008, if you knew where to look.
So what tops your “Worst of 2008″ list? Lets get it all of our chests now, shall we?